September 19, 2018 @ 9:30pm - 11:45pm PDT
The annual 30-second showcase is one of our most favorite events of the year! Have you been itching to perform, but find the prospect of choreographing a whole routine daunting? Do you yearn to show off your moves to an audience, but feel intimidated doing so in a competitive environment? Then this event is for you! All you need to do is find a partner (or more! or go solo!), decide on a song that speaks to you, and choreograph a short and sweet routine of your choosing.
Feeling excited about your routine? You can also perform it at The Breakaway in Oakland on September 18. Make sure to check their guidelines here, then show off your stuff at both venues!
- Participants will perform a choreographed routine from 30-60 seconds long. The performance must not exceed 60 seconds.
- Please submit your music to email@example.com by September 18th. The music must be edited (either to cut or fade) and be in an .mp3 or similar file format. (
- Competitors may choose any part of their song to perform to; i.e. it need not be the first 30-60 seconds.
- Dancers may participate as individuals, couples or teams.
- There are no gender-based requirements.
- Originality is encouraged, but not required. If you would like to perform part of a well-known routine such as the Shim Sham, please feel free to do so!
- Costumes are encouraged but not required.
- This event is purely for fun and the adulation of your peers, rather than prizes and placements.
Questions? Shoot us an email!